DanceWorks is accepting applications for the 2019/20 DanceWorks CoWorks Series. Self-presenting professional dance artists and companies, events and festivals working in any dance form, are invited to apply. Events must take place between October 1, 2019 and June 15, 2020.
The CoWorks Series provides production support and marketing benefits to a limited number of professional dance events each year, primarily in Toronto, Ontario. Preference will be given to applicants who clearly explain the nature of their work, identify the community they work within, and show how they will engage with audiences.
For a fee of $300 (plus HST; $339.00 total), a DanceWorks CoWorks Series event receives any or all of the following:
* Photo and listing in the DanceWorks season brochure
* Listing on DanceWorks season Display Boards
* Ticket sales through the annual telemarketing campaign
* Listings in DanceWorks programmes and promotional materials where possible
* Consultation on fundraising, production and media relations
* Access to electronic press list
This service is available for an additional fee:
* Access to third person liability insurance coverage
The package is flexible and subject to availability.
If you want your event to be part of the 2019/20 DanceWorks CoWorks Series, please send a proposal with the following information:
1) Project Decsription
2) Artists’ résumés or biiographies
3) Performance dates
4) Name of address of venue
5) Budget for creation and production
6) How you plan to reach and engage with audiences
7) Examples of choreographic work on DVD disc format or by web-link
To: DanceWorks – 15 Case Goods Lane, Studio 304, Toronto, ON, M5A 3C4
For CoWorks Series events taking place in 2019/20, the latest date to apply is April 30, 2019. Applicants will be notified of programming decisions by early June, 2019. For more information, contact Mimi Beck, Dance Curator at (416) 204-1082 or visit: www.danceworks.ca
- 30, 2019